Spark Performance and Physiotherapy
East Valley’s Leading Orthopedic and Sports Therapy
I know this sounds crazy…A physical therapy clinic telling me why I shouldn’t do physical therapy. I understand physical therapy is a bit of a grudge purchase and have mentioned it numerous times before. Here are some common reasons I hear and what to expect for those outcomes:
- YOU LIKE SURGERY: Anything the doctor finds on the x-ray, MRI, CT, etc. you want ‘fixed’. Studies have shown that imaging may not always relate to the cause of the pain. Plus, add all the time and money spent on the surgery, lost time at work, and recovery and that can be an expensive bill. 🔪
- YOU LIKE PAIN PILLS: People feel like it is too much time and work to fix the real problem, so why not mask it? 💊
- YOUR DOCTOR SAID YOU DON’T NEED PHYSICAL THERAPY: You do whatever he/she says, no questions asked. They are always right and never make mistakes. 👨⚕️
- PHYSICAL THERAPY DIDN’T WORK FOR YOUR FRIEND, WHY WOULD IT WORK FOR YOU? Because we are all the same…💛
- GOOGLE GAVE YOU EXERCISES: Everyone is a doctor that posts online? Are you sure that is the right exercise for the stuff you have going on? 🎓
- THE PAIN WILL GO AWAY: Still present 2 weeks…6 weeks…6 months…and now it may be worse? Not only the pain may be getting worse, think of all the activities you will avoid because of the pain. 📅
- SURGERY ALREADY FIXED YOU: But wait, you can’t squat? You still can’t go hiking? It is difficult bending down to pick up your kids? Maybe surgery #2 will work…🏃
- YOU DON’T HAVE TIME: Not for 2 hours a week to better your health? Will you have time when you have to take off work because of the pain? How about when you stop going to the gym because every time you go it is painful, causing you to gain extra weight. Will you have time then? ⌛
- IT COSTS TOO MUCH: What about money spent on medications, ‘band-aid relief’ items, doctor visits, imaging, etc.? 💰
- DON’T WANT TO MISS A DAY AT THE GYM: You don’t want to lose the progress you have made. But, what about the pain that is making your progress plateau sooner? 🏋️
All of these excuses are the top reasons I hear people don’t want to partake in physical therapy. But, when they finally do decide to come in, they are typically in a lot more pain than when they originally noticed the problem. Let us help you recover faster! We want to make sure you keep living your best life: an active and healthy one without relying on pain medications, injections, or undergoing multiple surgeries.
Feel free to contact us to see if we can help.